This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, September 18, 2011

"A Taste For Trolls"

Last weekend, my friend Kurt Papstein and I both did demos at a local workshop. I demoed a Space Troll and he demoed a Space Turkey. What a life! This weekend, I had a bunch of Blizzard/Carbine friends over for a marathon comic jam where we were each to produce a 3 page comic. My story revolved around the two warring factions from last week's workshop. I wasn't able to complete it in the allotted time frame, but will share anyway.  It'll be a while before I have my comic shtick down, but...baby steps!





6 comments:

HEXAMOUS said...

Cool work! Looking forward to seeing more comic stuff from you. Will these pages be cleaned up at all?

Paul Richards said...

Nah, it was just an exercise to see if I could accomplish such a task in a day. One page would have been a more realistic goal! // I learned a bit about separating out the light/dark areas of a page so that one dominates, and I learned that, if I'm going to keep doing this, I'd better come up with a style that's conducive to it! Also, making one "megafile" of all 3 pages would have been easier to work on than 3 individual files. You ever dabble in comics, Hex?

HEXAMOUS said...

I do actually, I love comics! I mainly work in adult/erotic comics but I appreciate the visual storytelling all the same. It would be great to see you do more in that medium, these pages are pretty awesome!

Andrey Egorov said...

Very interesting compositions. Great!!!

Olga Drebas said...

I would actually love to see a comic from you! Even a strip or two would do!

Mr--Jack said...

Noice!
I entirely forgot about it until about 5 in the afternoon, and by then already had dinner plans! :P

I did have a productive afternoon anyway, though, so I guess that counts. Will try to make it over if you do something like that again :D